Did you know?
- Mount Panorama is a public road, accessible to everyone, outside of race periods.
- The circuit was officially opened in April 1938 (Easter).
- The first motorcycle race was held on Easter Saturday -16 April 1938.
- The first Australian car Grand Prix to be held in NSW was conducted on Easter Monday, 18 April 1938.
- The first 1000 kilometre car race was held in 1973. Although the name changes with sponsorship it is mostly referred to as the Bathurst 1000.
- The track is 6.213 kms long.
- The highest point is 870 metres above sea level.
- The steepest grade is 1 in 6.13.
- The Mount is 174 metres high.
- The Bathurst 1000 is a major Australian motor racing event held over four days each October.
- Crowds of over 100,000 have been attracted to Bathurst for the race.